Knossos Palace & Heraklion Town & Museum
visit to Crete is not complete unless you have visited the magnificent Palace of Knossos - the legendary palace of King Minos. The Palace is 5 km south of Heraklion and dates back to 2000 BC. Excavated and partly restored by Sir Arthur Evans at the beginning of the century, Knossos gives a vivid picture of the prosperous and sophisticated capital of Minoan civilization. The intricate Palace is claimed by some to be the mythical labyrinth in which Theseus slew the Minotaur.
- The Knossos trip starts with an early pick up from the nearest point to your accommodation (between 06.00 -08.00) & proceed eastwards.
-09.00 -Short stop for a coffee.
- Approximate arrival is 10:00 - 10:30 at Knossos Palace/Temple. The guided tour on foot for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Departure for the Archaeological Museum 12:00
- 1 hour and 30 minutes free time at Heraklion city.
- Departure from Heraklion at approximately 15:00.
- Arrival approx. 16.00-16.30 at the town of Rethymno for a coffee break.
- Approx. 17:00 - 17.30 departure from Rethymno.
- Arrival back to the pick-up point at approximately 18:00-19:00.
THIS TRIP IS NO LONGER RUNNING FOR THE SEASON SEE YOU IN MAY 2023!
DETAILS FOR KNOSSOS TRIP
Price for Knossos Trip:
Children (4 -12 years) :€21
Day of Knossos Trip: SUNDAY
Pick up time: 06.00 - 08.00
(depending on where- see the Pick up Points page )
If your accommodation is not on the route of the coach, we can provide a pick up with an extra cost 3€ - 15€ for the extra distance to take you to the coach.
All visitors aged 12 & up must have one of the following in order to enter the site and/or museum:
a. Vaccination Certificate
b. Negative Rapid test (48hrs prior).
c. Negative PCR test (72hrs prior).
Children 5-11 must have a self test 24 hour prior to the visit.
Duration of Knossos Trip:
-12 hours approx.
- Transfers on air-conditioned buses
- Greek/English/German speaking guide
Excludes- Payable on the day:
- Entrance fee to Knossos & the museum €15 Adults & Children under 18 yrs old are free.
- Optional visit in the museum without guide entance fee for both €20
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
What to wear/bring:
-Comfortable walking shoes
-Hat & lotion for protection from the sun
- Short information will be given upon arrival in Heraklion to help to get around on your own.
- Children under 4 years old are free of charge, but they must ride on adult’s lap.
According to the new law by the Greek Goverment is mandatory for all the passengers to wear a mask on the bus.
To book the Knossos Day Trip, you will need to book at least 1 day in advance to reserve your seat & make payment.