Diana's Travel Chania Crete
Knossos Palace & Heraklion Town & Museum
A visit to Crete is not complete unless you have visited the magnificent Palace of Knossos - the legendary palace of King Minos. The Palace is 5 km south of Heraklion and dates back to 2000 BC. Excavated and partly restored by Sir Arthur Evans at the beginning of the century, Knossos gives a vivid picture of the prosperous and sophisticated capital of Minoan civilization. The intricate Palace is claimed by some to be the mythical labyrinth in which Theseus slew the Minotaur.
- The Knossos trip starts with an early pick up from the nearest point to your accommodation (between 06.30 -08.00) & proceed eastwards.
- Approximate arrival is 10:20 - 10:30 at Knossos Palace/Temple. The guided tour on foot for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Departure for the Archaeological Museum 12:00
(guided tour for approx. one hour).
- 1 hour and 30 minutes free time at Heraklion city.
- Departure from Heraklion at approximately 15:00.
- Arrival 16:20 at the town of Rethymno for a coffee break.
- Approx. 17:20 departure from Rethymno.
- Arrival back to the pick-up point at approximately 18:30-19:30.
Details for Knossos Trip
This trip is no longer running for this season, see you in May 2021!!
According to the new law by the Greek Goverment is mandatory for all the passengers to wear a mask on the bus.
Price for Knossos Trip:
Children (4 -12 years) :€20
Day of Knossos Trip: Sunday
Pick up time: 06.20 - 08.40
(depending on where- see the Pick up Points page )
If your accommodation is not on the route of the coach, we can provide a pick up with an extra cost 3€ - 15€ for the extra distance to take you to the coach.
Duration of Knossos Trip:
-12 hours approx.
- Transfers on air-conditioned buses
- Greek/English/German speaking guide
Excludes- Payable on the day:
- Entrance fee to Knossos & the museum €15 Adults & Children under 18 yrs old are free.
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
What to wear/bring:
-Comfortable walking shoes
-Hat & lotion for protection from the sun
- Short information will be given upon arrival in Heraklion to help to get around on your own.
- Children under 4 years old are free of charge, but they must ride on adult’s lap.
To book the Knossos Day Trip, you will need to book at least 1 day in advance to reserve your seat & make payment.