Elafonissi Beach Trip
A trip to this famous lagoon with its crystal clear water and pink coral sands is unforgettable. Located on the far south west tip of Crete the drive takes you inland via the spectacular Topolia Gorge.
Once at Elafonissi beach you are free to rent a sun bed or wade across to the island where there are tiny coves, walk around. The water is very chilly but found it can be a bit warmer on the right side.
In peak season it can be very busy. There are canteens for drinks & snacks.
On the return journey we make a quick stop at the lovely shady village of Elos, home of the chestnut festival in October. Here you can have a proper meal & taste a traditional Cretan dish at one of the taverna.
It is a great way to see quite a bit of the island & see the famous Elafonissi Beach.
Elafonissi was named 9th in the list of "Top Beaches of the WORLD!" Watch the video here:
- The trip starts with a pick up from the nearest point to your accommodation (between 08.00 -09.00)
- Arrival at Elafonissi Beach approx 11.00-11.30
- Depart Elafonissi 15.00-15.30
- Elos Village stop at 16.00 approx 50mins. (optional lunch)
- Arrival back at the starting point approx 18.00-19.00
Details for Elafonissi Trip
Price for Elafonissi Trip:
Children (4 - 12 years old): €14
Day of Elafonissi Trip: Daily
(later in the summer this trip will run daily)
Pick up time: 07:30 - 09:35
(depending on where- see the Pick up Points page )
(If you are staying East of Chania there is an extra cost for the extra distance for pick up from €3 - €15 per person)
Duration of Elafonissi Trip:
-9 hours approx.
- Greek/English/German speaking escort
- Transfers with air-conditioned buses
Excludes- Payable on the day:
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
What to wear/ bring:
Comfortable shoes for walking up to the cave
Hat & suntan cream
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge but they must ride on adult’s lap.
According to the new law by the Greek Goverment is mandatory for all the passengers to wear a mask on the bus.
To book the Elafonissi Day Trip, you will need to book at least 1 day in advance to reserve your seat & make payment.
The clear waters of Elafonissi